Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Week 7, 8, 9 - Annnnd we're back

So, I'll start this post with an update on some of my injuries. It started with basketball. I went for a ball, and fell on my head. Next, I got a nasty cut (shown in the picture below) whilst jumping through a broken window. Was it necessary? uhhhhh...
However, the cut didn't go all the way through the skin, so I didn't have to get stitches (Thank God). And, to wrap it up, an assortment of cuts ranging from knee cuts to several scratches going from my arm to my torso, because a wave washed me onto the rocks while I was climbing out of the ocean. Which I was in because of cliff-jumping. 'sigh', it's a hard life. I say that with complete sarcasm, and understanding that I am INCREDIBLY blessed to be here solely to deepen my relationship with God. So, let's get to the interesting stuff!

Week 7 brought Maria back! This time, however, she would be talking about spiritual warfare. She heavily emphasized Ephesians 6:10-18, specifically, "...our struggle is not against flesh and blood...". As the week progressed, we learned the tools of the enemy, and how to combat these tactics. As the week progressed, I found that the enemy had been planting a lot of lies about how I'm never good enough, and, with very few plans to return to school, will not amount to anything. These lies have built a sense of insecurity, and severe lack of identity within me. I hate lies. They really upset my mom, and I kind of understood when I was in high school, but after seeing how these lies have stolen from me, I have become really upset, and... angry at the enemy. However, identifying a lie (especially one from the enemy), doesn't bring healing. I would have to wait a few weeks for that.

Week 8- This week a speaker named Chris came. I unfortunately was sick, so I missed the first two days. I wasn't happy about this because he was speaking on identity. Probably the big thing this week was a diagram he drew that explained a bunch to me. Basically, there are three 'components' to us humans: the body which is our physical being; then there's the soul which is our mind, will, and emotions; and finally there's our spirit which is our spiritual being. Another important part of this week was going through a mound of scripture which talks about how we are God's children, we have Jesus in us, the Holy Spirit works through us, and so on. These sound like basic truths that every kid in Sunday school knows, but to hear them all together was important. He also spoke on the power of words. For instance, God SPOKE the earth into creation, and he BREATHED life into man. With God in us, we have the ability to speak life, and death. Our words hold so much more weight than we realize.

Week 9- A man named Will came to speak to us for this week, and we learned about world view. It was fascinating to learn about different religions, and the progression of world views. The speaker spoke on some stuff regarding how evolution doesn't really work, but after looking into it on my own, things don't quite add up. I'm not really sure, maybe I'll do the secondary school to learn more about it. We will see what the Lord reveals to me, and where I am after outreach.

Not even two weeks until I leave for outreach... pretty crazy. I won't be able to update this blog whilst over the ocean, but I will put up one last post before I leave, talking about whatever. Couple of things to wrap this blog up: first, if you could pray for our team, in terms of safety, listening for God's will and a heart to obey his will, we'd really appreciate it. Also, one of my teammates, Christy, still needs a little more than $1000 dollars before this Friday to be able to go on outreach. Please keep her in your prayers, and if you'd like more information, here's her blog. Also she might have some different/more information there about what we'll be doing for outreach. So check it out anyways! Thank you so much, and I hope that you enjoyed this post. Have a nice day/week/month/year/decade!

No comments:

Post a Comment