Wednesday, September 17, 2014

What's my summer been like? (part 2)

BAM! Here's part 2, coming right at you. So, this one goes over what's been going on during the past four weeks (I think, maybe more) for me. So right after the NOAH camp (see part 1 if you don't know), I went on a fishing trip. Seriously, about a day after we came back, I was invited to go on the trip, and the next day we were leaving. This wasn't some local, simple fishing trip. No, this was serious business... for fun. If that makes sense at all. About seven of us traveled in a van from Long Island to Virginia Beach. When we first went fishing, I realized that I had completely forgotten how to fish. The last time I went fishing was... many, many years ago, in a galaxy far, far away (I actually have been fishing before, but I don't remember how long ago that was). During this time, however, I came to really enjoy fishing. The fish usually feed a little in the late evenings into the night, and in the early morning. So, there were a few nights during this week-long adventure that we stayed up all
night fishing, from 18:00 to 8:00. The whole trip was pretty intense, but the most intense moments were from about midnight, to two in the morning. This is when the rays would come out to play. They were a lot bigger than any fish we could catch where we would go, so it was always a battle to reel them in. Overall, the trip was surprisingly fun. It was a lot of fun to spend so much time in the outdoors, and get closer with some people.

After coming back to Long Island, I was surprised to find out that there was more to do. Something called Barnabas Discipleship School (BDS) was starting on Tuesday! This is a program for first generation Koreans who are working, and don't have time to do a normal DTS. It wasn't a ground-shattering experience, but it was a good reminder to keep me on track. I couldn't get really involved in getting to know the students (because of the severe deficiency in my ability to speak other languages... as in I can't hold a conversation in Korean, nor understand it. So basically I can't Korean.), so that was a little annoying, but the teaching was still great. It's sad to be finally leaving this base. I expected a bit more of a transitional phase during this time, but instead God continued to teach me, heal me, and bring new friends into my life. It was a pleasant surprise, and I was glad to be a part of this base, and help out where I could.

My home for a few months
So, apart from this, there's been a TON going on. First of all (as many of you probably know by now), I've been accepted to the School of Biblical Foundations and Missions! On top of which, my fundraiser goal has not only been reached, but exceeded! Many thanks not only to those who helped me financially, but are also continually supporting me with prayer. It means so much to me.

In other news, my mom has recently put the house on the market. It's kind of emotional (or as emotional as a guy can get), as I've lived in this house ever since I turned four. That's almost sixteen years of my life. This move would be easier if my mom had plans to move to somewhere close by in New York, but she has other plans. She's planning on going on a few YWAM adventures of her own before settling down again, and she believes that she will settle in Virginia. Which begs the question, what does the future hold for me? After a lot of prayer, my mom and I felt like God was leading me back to the College of William and Mary. It's not going to be easy, and I'm going to have to work a lot harder than I did before. Not only for classes (as I did little to no work last time I was there), but also for seeking out a Christian fellowship and church. So, the plan is that I go back to school in the spring. Please pray that God would guide me, and that I would be able to get direction from God as to where He wants to lead my life.

Even though this time seems daunting, I feel like during SBFM God will solidify my foundation of faith, and prepare me for the transition back into an academic setting. It's been years since I've last studied (just because I was in school doesn't mean I studied), so this will be a great transitional phase as SBFM is a part of the University of Nations program. This means that there will be tests, and homework associated with the course. I'm really excited, and can't believe that I will actually be returning in just a little under 24 hours. It's such a privilege that I am so blessed to experience. I can't wrap my head around all of it, and I just stand in awe of God's grace and blessing during the past year. I look forward to the next chapter of my life, and I thank you all for supporting me the whole way.

Leaving so soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment