Thursday, July 23, 2015

[Insert (clever) title here]

So, a couple weeks ago, there was a certain Supreme Court ruling.

I proceeded to write an awesome post about it.

Blogger didn't save that post when I tried to publish it.

I don't really remember what I wrote down.



...awkward....



I'll definitely try to piece together my thoughts again and post it later, but it will take awhile. I mean, I had links, and pictures, and... well let's not dwell on the past too much.

Anyways, the focus on this post is back to the 100 Hours of Prayer. So far,there has been a lot of support for this, which is AWESOME. However, it's looking more and more like there will not be a "place" for this to take place. Not so awesome. But, it is what it is, and for now, it's important to focus on the focus of the event: prayer.

Over the past several weeks I've been reminded of the structure of the Psalms. For many of the Psalms, it begins with the writer desperately crying out to God, seeking forgiveness, or mercy, or something else along those lines. BUT, always always always, the writer ends the Psalm by praising God, and worshiping Him.

I feel like this part is important. At various parts of the Bible, it is clear that prayer and worship are heavily tied together. So, I've been thinking about planning an attempt to maybe possibly try to arrange some sort of worship set when this event ends. I think this might be the part where we try to unite the community under Jesus, and pursue redemption for William and Mary.

When I first started dreaming about the 100 Hours of Prayer, I also heard some of the dreams of my friends. For several of them, they dreamed of the Sunken Gardens being filled with worship, and praise.

Imagine it being filled with people praising, and glorifying God!

I thought that maybe this could be an opportunity to realize that dream. As I did more research, however, I discovered that there are costs involved, and in order to organize such an event, the event has to be affiliated with a single student organization that is recognized by the College.

While this is very feasible, I don't feel comfortable with making this event affiliated with just one of the Christian ministries on campus.  Although I'm heavily involved with InterVarsity, and I think they're a great organization, I really feel like this event is supposed to go beyond the ministries, to go beyond the students of William and Mary, to go beyond denominations, and truly focus on setting Jesus on the highest of thrones. I'm still very unsure about it, and will continue to pray into it in the coming weeks.

So, in the meantime, I suppose I'll try contacting some of the local churches. I think doing worship for a few hours on a Saturday is a lot more reasonable than asking them to keep their doors open for five days straight. I guess.

So yeah, that's part of what's happening. Also, I've just been put up to a challenge, so expect that in the next post. Or if I'm quick enough, you've already read it. In which case, disregard this. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment