Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Guns, guns, guns

The tragedy at Oregon was tough. Some people might view it as the beginning of the persecution of Christianity. The end of a 'golden age' for America, and the inception of its impending doom. I view it as another incident of a problem that has gone on too long without a solution- school shootings.

Each time we see these events hit the news, there's a lot of talk (a LOT), but I rarely see much action taking place. It's always the same debate, mental health vs gun control. The fight is so vicious on both sides, that little ends up happening.

I'm really not one for politics. I can't really say I'm Republican, nor Democrat. Both sides fight for some of the right stuff, and both sides are egregiously wrong on other stuff.



BUT, I just wanted to kind of process a bit, and this gives me an opportunity to do that, and get some potential feedback from you, the reader.

So, where do I stand on this issue of mental health vs gun control?

Well, neither if I'm to be honest.

Or both if you view it another way.

The way I see it is that mental health IS the root of the issue. And I'm not talking about people who are diagnosed as mentally ill (I'm looking at you John Oliver), but people who are put under various stressing conditions (though not necessarily stress in the traditional sense).

However, on the other side of the spectrum, I think we need to view gun control with wisdom. I think some guns are pretty darn awesome to shoot, but not necessarily wise to allow among the civilian population. We don't live in a warzone, and


No comments:

Post a Comment