Sunday, August 9, 2015

Your Love Never Fails...

At a church service recently, we sang this song, and it made me really think about the phrase, "Your love never fails, it never gives up, never runs out on me". And during that, I really got a deeper revelation of God's grace.

God's love never fails. God will never stop loving you, nor stop chasing you, no matter the circumstances.

At the same time, I realized that this love is not just for me, but is also applicable to anyone, and everyone. I know this might all sound like a sermon of sorts, or the rantings of a Jesus freak (well, this just might be that), but it holds such a deeper meaning when you take time to dwell on it.

Too many times over the last couple of months I've heard about "people like that". There's no hope for "people like that", nothing can be done. I can't continue this person, because this person is one of those kinds of people.

Each time, I wonder "What does that mean?" If we truly believe that God's love NEVER fails, then there is no lost cause, no hopeless situations.

Over the past number of months, my heart has really been breaking for one of my friends back home. Apathy, hatred, and lies dictate his lifestyle. But he's been one of my oldest friends, and he's been like a brother to me. My heart yearns so deeply, so painfully for him to know Jesus, but I have no idea what he would look like as a Christian. A couple of months ago, I wondered if he could even become a Christian. I mean, it almost seems like hating God is a part of him.

But now, I know that I CANNOT GIVE UP. God's love sure doesn't, so who am I to say that I know better? A couple of months ago, I blogged a bit about a vision I had about the final days, and God's glory being so evident that every knee would bow, and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord. The face that popped up in that vision, the first person I saw proclaiming the glory of God was this friend.

And I knew that he'd be PISSED if I didn't try harder, didn't pray more, didn't reach out to him more. This might sound a bit like striving, but I know that the outcome isn't in my hands. It's in God's hands. But I am so desperate for my friend to know God, that I bring it to Him in prayer each day.

God's love has, and will never give up on me. It also sure won't give up on my friend, and I guarantee you that there is no one that God's love will give up on. So keep praying, and wait expectantly for God to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment